Wednesday 6 May 2009

Tahfifah: On 'Risk'

~ Solehah & Brothers ~
As Solehah is slow (due to the physical disabilities) she couldn't finish most of her school work during the actual lesson. She will borrow her friends' books home to finish them. Solehah's mum & dad will take turn to help her.
If the two gentlemen above are at home, they will also help. But both have different approach of helping. One will even help Solehah to write ('coz pitying her) while the other will force (military style) Solehah to finish the work herself. It is the case of "giving a fish vs teaching to fish"
As for Solehah ('coz of too sleepy) she once told the parents that she hope the teacher will be on leave the following day. We told her never ever take any risk in life. Such an advise is something different than what we really believe as:
To make a ringgit, we must risk loosing it.
To influence people into business venture, we risk losing friendship.
In loving and caring, we risk breaking our hearts.
Getting job is a risk.
Crossing the road is a risk.
Eating in the restaurant is a risk.
Starting a family is a risk.
Life is a risk.
Winners take more risk than losers do.
That is why they win so much more.
But they also lose much more than losers do.
They are playing so often that their wins add up.
Which do you prefer - to merely exist or to be truly living?
"TAKE RISK AND BE PROACTIVE"
~Unknown Author ~

2 comments:

  1. Don’t get it wrong !!!! I am helping her through that way (forcing her to do the work) is not b’coz I do not like her. It is because I love her and I am too cared about her… I don’t want Solehah to be called lembap…..as what I have been called before by several of my friend … I don’t want my one and the only sister to go through the same hard path as what I have been through before…. I want her to grow up as a perfect girl and most of all the cleverest girl in the town… I do not want the disabilities to become the reason for her by not doing her works. I want everybody to treat my sister as same as other young girl in this world….. For Solehah good luck for your exam ….. I am hoping that you will get another no 1 for me…Prove to the others that you are a very extraordinary girl…. I am promise to you that I will buy some special presents from Rusia( even another colourful globe salji)…… and abg mintak maaf if abg byk marah adik….. I did it because I love you and b’coz you are the only sister I have…..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankly, we appreciate for all the help. No matter 'giving a fish @ teaching to fish' we are thankful. Both are good and I know Solehah miss both kind of help.

    ReplyDelete