Tuesday 17 March 2009

Santai: Do We Have 'What It Takes'?

~ Solehah: After the 4th. Operation - 18/04/2008 ~
There was a young lady who had taken ballet lessons all through her childhood. Finally she felt that she was ready to commit herself to it - to become a prima ballerina. But first she wanted to be sure that she had talent. So she went to see a ballet master - happened to be in town.
"I want to be a great ballerina, but I don't know if I have the talent," she said. "Dance for me," the master said. Only a minute or two the master said, "No, no! You don't have what it takes."
Heartbroken, she went home - tossed the ballet slippers & never wore them again. Instead, she took a part-time job, got married & had children.
Years later she ran into the old master. She reminded him that they have met & said, "There's just one thing that has always bothered me. How could you tell so quickly that I didn't have what it takes?"
He replied, "Oh! I barely look at you when you danced. That's what I tell all of them who come to see me."
"But that's unforgivable!" she cried. "You have ruined my life! I could have been a great ballerina!"
The old master said, "No, no, no! I don't think so. If you have what it takes, you wouldn't have paid any attention to what I said!"

No comments:

Post a Comment